Money Management: Where to Begin
If you've heard the term "wealth management" and it sounds decidedly optimistic, then this article - and our bank - may be just what you need.
Whether you are just starting out or starting over, the act of taking those first strides towards financial independence is as important as the direction. Sometimes, however, it's hard to know how and where. Enter our experienced financial planners, who are uniquely prepared to advise you on how to make sound decisions when investing, saving and spending.
Before you meet with our team, it's important to think about your financial objectives. Consider these questions:
- What are your retirement goals?
- Outside of food, shelter and transportation, what do you consider necessities?
- Do you need to save for education expenses (yours, a spouse, or child)?
- Are you managing a trust or an estate? Do you know if you need to?
- Are you paying off debt?
- How well do you manage your current cash flow? Are you living within your means?
- Are you appropriately covered in terms of insurance?
- Do you own a home? Do you want to?
- What is your personal investment management strategy?
Busey believes in a holistic approach, goal-based financial planning and outcome-based investment strategy. Combining these two approaches allows us to design a strategy that addresses tax implications, future planning and financial needs, while honoring life goals and commitments. Think of it as a “one-size-fits-one” approach. Hint: You’re the one. Contact us today or call 1.800.67 l Busey to develop a strategy.