Frequently Asked Questions
What are my routing and account numbers?
Busey's routing number is 071102568.
To keep your personal information secure, there are a few ways you can look up your account number:
- From ebank, click your account, then select Account Details. Any leading zeros can be removed.
- Find your account number on your statements.
- Look along the bottom of your checks. Your account number is the second set of numbers.
- Visit your local branch. Our branch locations and hours are available on busey.com.
What is an external transfer, and how do I send one?
An external transfer within Busey eBank allows you to transfer money between your accounts to other financial institutions. To get started, hover over the Move Money tab and select External Transfers.
How do I change my Busey Debit Mastercard® PIN?
You can reset your Busey Debit Mastercard® PIN in one of three ways:
My card is expiring. What do I need to do?
You may continue to use your debit card through the month of expiration. You will receive a replacement card in the mail halfway through the expiration month; your card number and PIN will remain the same, though your card's three digit CVV number and expiration date will change.
Please follow the card mailer instructions to activate your card as soon as it arrives.
I am going on vacation. How do I use my card abroad?
To ensure access to your funds, please complete a Debit Card Travel Notification form through the Applications & Forms tab in eBank. You can also contact the Busey Customer Care team, and we can submit a notice for you.
How do I change my address?
There are a few ways you can securely update your address:
- Complete the Change of Address form
- Submit a Change of Address form through eBank. Hover over Applications & Forms and click Change of Address to get started.
- Visit your local branch.
- Mail a request to Busey, Attn: Data Entry, PO Box 17430, Urbana, IL 61803. Please include your name, account numbers, current address and a signature.
Can I get foreign currency in the branch?
Busey no longer offers foreign currency in branches, though you can receive foreign currency in the mail through My Travel Wallet, available through the Personal Services page on busey.com. Be sure to only request what you will need, as exchanging foreign currency may be costly.
If you are traveling abroad, another great option is to use your Busey Debit Mastercard® to withdraw foreign currency from ATMs abroad. To ensure access to your funds, please complete a Debit Card Travel Notification form through the Applications & Forms tab in ebank.
I'm running out of checks. How can I get more?
You can reorder checks in a few ways:
- Through ebank. Within eBank, hover over the Additional Services tab, then select Check Reorder and complete the check reorder form.
- Call Busey Customer Care at 800.672.8739, and we would be happy to place an order for you.
How do I stop payment on a check?
There are several methods available to stop payment on a check. Please select the one that is most convenient for you. Please note, stop payment requests are in place for six months and a $30 fee is assessed at the time of the request.
- Log in to Busey eBank and click Account Summary and select Stop Pay from the sub-menu. Stop payment requests placed over the phone are effective for two weeks. Please send in a signed form within that time to make the request effective for six months.
- Visit any Busey branch and speak with a personal banker or call 800.672.8739, option 2. Stop payment requests placed over the phone are effective for two weeks. Please send in a signed form within that time to make the request effective for six months.
- Complete and print the Stop Payment Form and mailed to the bank address located on the form.
How do I open an account with Busey?
There are several ways you can open an account with Busey. Please select the one most convenient for you.
- Visit any Busey branch and speak with a Personal Banker.
- Visit any Personal accounts page and click on the Open Now button next to the account description that best meets your needs. Alternatively, you can use the Apply Online link on the home page.
We look forward to serving your personal, business and wealth management needs.
How do I sign up for Busey eBank?
To register for Busey eBank:
- Visit busey.com.
- Under Online Account Access, click Personal.
- Under Busey eBank, click New User.
- Complete the registration form. Please note, incomplete forms will be declined.
- Accept the eBank customer agreement.
- You will either be given access to Busey eBank immediately, or your registration will need to be processed. You will receive an email confirming we have either approved or declined your request for eBank. When you receive the approval email, you can login to Busey eBank that same day. If you receive a decline email, please contact Customer Care for more information.