Busey's Financial Relief Program is designed to alleviate some of the hardships you may face as a result of the pandemic itself or the resulting economic impacts. View details about the program—including how to receive available benefits.
For more information on how Busey is protecting the communities where we live and work,
see the important information below.
Busey has been carefully monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and implications within our communities. Based on current public health conditions, all Busey locations in Illinois, Missouri and Indiana have resumed lobby services with new safety measures in place designed to protect the well-being of our dedicated associates, valued customers and communities. We ask you to please follow the new protection guidelines, outlined in the tab below.
With the opening of lobbies in Illinois, Missouri and Indiana, we will continue offering lobby and drive-up hours of Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays, where applicable. With the health and well-being of associates and customers at the forefront, branch doors will remain locked at this time.
After evaluating public health conditions and monitoring the resurgence of COVID-19 locally, Busey's Florida locations have resumed lobby services available by appointment only. Drive-up services at all Florida branches remain with hours of Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays, where applicable.
For uninterrupted in-branch service, you are encouraged to call ahead to your preferred location for an appointment. You can also use Busey's convenient Bank by Appointment, which allows you to schedule appointments for services related to personal checking or savings accounts, mortgage and wealth management—just choose the location, preferred associate, date and time. After using the scheduling tool, you will receive an email confirming your appointment with your selected associate.
You can continue to utilize convenient, remote services for your unique banking needs. With changes to lobby service, please continue to use:
- Daily enhanced cleaning measures
- Protective wear for associates and customers
- Physical distancing prompts and teller line shields
- Reduced occupancy, where necessary
We also encourage all Busey customers to do their part by practicing the following:
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Wear a face covering when in public
- Maintain safe distancing of 6 feet
Because at Busey, we’re in this together.
- All associates with the ability to work remotely have been required to do so as a prevention strategy.
- While all Busey locations are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of our normal business practices, over the past several weeks the frequency and extent of those cleanings has increased. Additional resources—including disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, vinyl gloves and first aid supplies—are being used at all Busey locations as extra safety precautions.
- We have established a company-wide reporting process for associates traveling outside of their metropolitan area to confidentially disclose their travel plans so Busey can monitor exposure to compromised populations and mitigate organizational impact. A CDC-recommended self-quarantine has been established for those returning from locations of concern.
- We continue to share health and wellness information with associates, including prevention tips from the Center for Disease control.
- Risk and Compliance teams have developed active business continuity plans to ensure there are no service interruptions as a result of the outbreak.
- A task force has been formed and is continuing to assess and respond as the situation unfolds—comprised of associates representing executive leadership, risk management, human resources, finance, communications, facilities, IT and operations.
- We are actively working with our key business partners to ensure they are proactively updating their business continuity plans while also reviewing third parties that provide products and services we rely on to ensure they are prepared to meet their obligations to Busey.
- We also recommend that you leverage all the available Busey tools and resources to help you operate your business efficiently through our online and mobile business banking suite.
All associates who have the ability to work remotely have been required to do so as a preventative strategy.
The frequency and extent of cleanings at all Busey locations has increased. Additionally, extra resources such as sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and protective wear such as masks have been distributed for use by associates and customers. Disposable gloves are also at all locations and should be used when handling cash.
Busey has established a company-wide reporting process for associates traveling outside of their metropolitan area, allowing Busey to monitor exposure to compromised populations and mitigate organizational impact. A CDC-recommended self-quarantine has been established for those returning from locations of concern.
Busey is prepared to offer assistance to impacted customers through a range of measures. We strongly recommend that you leverage all of the available tools and resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access through Busey eBank, the Busey – Mobile app, Busey’s Anytime Line, Online Account Set-Up and Bank by Appointment.
Through these channels, customers can check balances, transfer funds, pay bills, deposit checks, manage cards, find the nearest ATM, open an account and schedule an in-person appointment at your local branch.
The mobile app can be downloaded through the App Store or Google Play, and the eBank platform can be accessed through our website homepage. You can reach our Anytime Line by dialing 800.672.8739 and choosing option 1.
As always, Customer Care is available for assistance Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT and Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. CT. To get in contact with a representative, please dial 800.672.8739 and choose option 2 or use our online chat feature.How will I be informed with new developments and customer impacts?
- Treasury Management recommends that customers leverage all the available Busey tools and resources to help you operate your business efficiently through our online and mobile business banking suite.
- If you have any specific questions regarding our efforts to provide service excellence, please call 800.749.7844.
- FirsTech is equipped to carry out critical functions from multiple locations, and all essential associates have the capacity to operate remotely in the event of quarantine.
- We have begun to provision tools necessary for other areas of the organization to operate remotely if necessary.
- We are actively working with our key business partners to ensure they are proactively updating their business continuity plans while also reviewing third parties vendors to ensure they are prepared to meet their obligations to FirsTech.
- If you have any specific questions regarding our efforts to provide the service and support to which you are accustomed from FirsTech, please call 217.421.7000.
- We are working diligently to protect our clients by minimizing risks where we can. At this time, our clients and associates are conducting business via virtual meetings and teleconferencing. By reducing in-person meetings, we mitigate unnecessary travel and social contact. If you have any questions on how to facilitate virtual meetings, please contact your wealth advisor.
- Your wealth advisor is dedicated to providing you with dependable advice and tailored solutions. Please reach out to them directly for continued support.
- Clients are encouraged to leverage all the available Busey tools and resources to help you manage and monitor your accounts though Busey Wealth Management Weblink Access.
As a proactive measure, we have made the challenging decision to cancel all events at Busey and in our communities until further notice. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution and we recognize the potential impact this may have on our Pillars, however, we want to remain proactive in our approach. As we actively monitor this fluid situation, we will update you on new event timelines.
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. It could download a virus onto your computer or device. Make sure the anti-malware and anti-virus software on your computer is up to date.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the CDC or experts saying that have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations. If you see ads touting prevention, treatment, or cure claims for the Coronavirus, ask yourself: if there’s been a medical breakthrough, would you be hearing about it for the first time through an ad or sales pitch?
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites. Don’t let anyone rush you into making a donation. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
- Be alert to “investment opportunities.” The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is warning people about online promotions, including on social media, claiming that the products or services of publicly-traded companies can prevent, detect, or cure Coronavirus and that the stock of these companies will dramatically increase in value as a result.
While it is impossible for anyone to predict the spread or impact of the Coronavirus, it does not alter our commitment to Busey's Pillars. Our people, products, technology and tools reaffirm our promise of doing business and doing good—now and in the future.