Fraud. It's the car in the blind spot that comes out of nowhere. We tend to not worry about it until it ACTUALLY happens to us. Don't. Here are quick practices to help protect you from criminals - whether you're a business owner or just looking to take extra precautions.
1) Review Account Activity Daily. Monitor your financial accounts regularly online for fraudulent transactions. Sign up for text or email alerts from Busey for certain types of transactions, such as online purchases or transactions of more than $500.
2) Keep Authorized Signer Information Current. If fraudulent activity is suspected, Busey will immediately freeze the account and notify you. When this happens, it's important we have your most current address and contact information. Commit to keep this up to date at all times.
3) Eliminate the Return of Paid Checks. Don't help criminals. They can steal a check, endorse it and present for payment at a retail location or another bank using bogus personal information. Check Positive Pay Solutions provide an efficient and simple way to minimize your vulnerability to fraud. When checks are presented for payment, we compare incoming presentments to your file for accuracy. Verified presentments are paid automatically, while disbursements that do not match your file are reported to you - the decision to pay or return unmatched items is in your hands.
4) Document Security Procedures. Busey takes protecting our customer information very seriously. We constantly evaluate security procedures - adding more enhancements to our practices every day. An additional resource to keep you informed of security issues, scams or alerts is our Information Security Center on busey.com. We also provide a video and articles to assist you in protecting your information and identity.
5) Verify ACH Activity Daily. ACH Positive Pay Solutions allow only authorized companies or organizations to debit or credit your account, protecting you from fraudulent transactions. Contact a relationship manager to find out which level of protection is right for your business.
At Busey, we want our customers to have the information needed to stay safe - don't let anything sneak up in your blind spot! If you have any questions, please contact your nearest Busey branch, or report suspicious activity immediately at 1.800.67 l Busey, option 2.