Our Values in Action
and Thriving Communities
Busey Impact Report
Since we first opened our doors in 1868, Busey’s focus has been on doing good. We make a difference for our Pillars. We lead our communities. We make a positive impact.
This report provides a comprehensive look at our values in action—detailing initiatives to support our 4 Pillars, showcasing Busey’s efforts towards:
- Nearly 1,500 associates with an average tenure of 7.8 years.
- 90% of associates completed the 2022 Associate Engagement Survey, an annual effort since 2015.
- In 2022, Busey scored 4.28 (out of 5.0) based on 12 critical measures of engagement. This is an increase from 2021’s score of 4.23.
- Over 350 internal promotions since 2020.
- Of Busey hires in 2022, 28% were referred by a Busey associate.
- In 2022, Busey earned a Net Promoter Score® (NPS) of 42.1, well above the Financial Services Industry benchmark of 23.1.
- Over 16,000 survey responses in 2022 have received follow-up from Busey associates, and 100% of the required NPS follow-up has been made.
- Busey’s 2022 Customer Satisfaction score (CSAT) was 9.3 out of 10.
- Over 240,000 total households served through five businesses—business, wealth management, personal, treasury management and FirsTech.
- Nearly 60 banking centers in Illinois, Missouri, Florida and Indiana.
- Busey offers a full suite of innovative remote banking capabilities, nationwide ATM coverage, drive-up banking, Busey eBank and contactless payments, allowing customers to access our services anytime, anywhere.
- In the last two years, the organization has contributed over $787,880 in CRA-eligible monetary donations and over 3,650 volunteer hours through CRA efforts across our footprint.
- The Community Banking Team—four of whom are bilingual—offers over 100 proactive, focused events annually including homeowner education workshops, financial literacy seminars, credit education classes and first-time homeowner events
- Between 2021 and 2022, Busey funded over $650 million dollars in mortgage loans to low-to-moderate income families and/or geographies.
- Financial Pathways, Busey's financial education platform, offers 250 educational experiences for both adult community members and 7th - 12th graders.
- In 2021 and 2022, Busey associates generously gave over 25,000 hours of their time to hundreds of community organizations.
- Busey’s annual charitable donations total over $1.6 million annually. In 2022, 24% of Busey’s contributions were CRA qualified donations—supporting the critical needs of each community through scholarships, youth programs, court advocacy, food security, shelter and more.
- Through our Busey Drives Generosity campaign, since 2021 associates and customers have generously donated over 2,000 pairs of socks, nearly 3,000 school supplies, 2,100 bandages and over 3,000 canned food items to the communities we call home.
- Busey associates have raised more than $450,000 through the Pay It Forward Fridays initiative since 2015, and $115,500 in 2022 alone.
- In 2022, Busey’s United Way Workplace Campaign raised over $400,000 to support local United Way organizations across our footprint. Nearly $820,000 has been donated to the United Way since the inception of the campaign.
- Since the inception of Busey’s scholarship programs and partnerships with local universities, Busey has contributed $258,500 in scholarships throughout our footprint.
- Since 2021, Busey provided over $25 million in green project financing , including energy efficiency improvements, historic preservation, solar development on commercial buildings and other green construction projects.
- In the fall of 2022, Busey proudly partnered with a community nonprofit in Central Illinois to plant 1,500 trees. These trees will offer shade to those using the trail in addition to sequestering 90 tons of carbon emissions.
- We encourage our associates to Go Green with Busey on a regular basis—offering webinars, presentations and challenges that ask them to examine their environmental footprint and incorporate sustainability into their daily lives.
- Busey has installed solar panel systems at 11 Busey facilities, including the Champaign, IL, corporate headquarters, which together have saved over 800 tons of greenhouse gas emissions and generated over 1 million kilowatt hours since 2019.
- In 2021 and 2022, Busey recycled over 16,500 pounds of waste and conserved over 60,000 gallons of water.
- Majority of Directors are independent, with varying experiences and backgrounds.
- Committees related to audit; compensation and succession; enterprise risk; and nominating and corporate governance.
- Strong insider ownership with over 7% of First Busey stock owned by Directors and Insiders.
- Underrepresented/diverse backgrounds make up 33% of the Executive Team.
- Performance-based incentives.
- Strong compliance culture and compliance management system.
- Strong internal audit structure, reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Annual organizational business continuity and cybersecurity programs and planning.
- Enterprise risk metrics correspond with conservative business strategy and risk profile.
- Robust risk monitoring, reporting and regular risk assessments.
- Confidential and independent whistleblower hotline