AT BUSEY, IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT DOING BUSINESS.
But doing good...
Supporting the arts, advocating for our youth and helping those in need. We’re proud to give back to our communities. Doing the right thing for our customers. And building trusted relationships that span generations.
That’s been our promise since we opened our doors more than 150 years ago, and it remains our promise today.
To achieve our vision, we consistently fulfill promises made to Pillars—associates, customers, communities and shareholders. By investing in our associates and empowering them to exceed the needs of our customers, and working together to strengthen our communities, our shareholders are rewarded with a vibrant, thriving company.
We are responsible for preserving the Busey legacy—a legacy of associate excellence, customer service, community involvement and expanding shareholder value.
While we operate multiple business lines, we serve our customers as One Busey. Since we opened our doors over 150 years ago, our core values have remained, creating a strong foundation and shaping our culture.
- Knowledgeable—We give customers correct information rather than guesses. We find answers rather than say "I don't know." We understand Busey services and the technical aspects of our jobs.
- Trustworthy—We handle customer accounts with care and confidentiality. Integrity is our leading guide as we work with customers and their financial affairs. We demonstrate good judgment and common sense when making decisions.
- Friendly—We remember that every customer is our guest. We greet each customer immediately with a warm and sincere welcome. We use the customer's name, smile, shake hands and introduce ourselves as though the customer were a guest in our home.
- Responsive—We acknowledge our customer immediately. We put aside what we are working on and give that individual our full attention. We follow up to be sure customers' needs are met within 24 hours.
- Community-minded—We build strong communities through leadership and volunteerism. We work in the community to ensure stable foundations for our families and our organization.
- Customer-centric—We operate our company from a customer's point of view. We develop long-term, trusting relationships by continually listening to and solving key customer needs.
History & Heritage
Awards & Recognition
As of September 30, 2022, First Busey Corporation (Nasdaq: BUSE) was a $12.50 billion financial holding company headquartered in Champaign, Illinois.
Busey Bank, a wholly-owned bank subsidiary of First Busey Corporation, had total assets of $12.45 billion as of September 30, 2022, and is headquartered in Champaign, Illinois. Busey Bank currently has 46 banking centers serving Illinois, eight banking centers serving Missouri, three banking centers serving southwest Florida, and one banking center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Busey Bank’s wholly-owned subsidiary, FirsTech, is a payments platform specializing in the evolving financial technology needs of small and medium-sized businesses, highly regulated enterprise industries, and financial institutions. With associates across the United States, FirsTech provides comprehensive and innovative payment technology solutions that enable businesses to connect with their customers in a multitude of ways on a single, highly configurable, secure platform. Fast, secure payment modes include, but are not limited to, text-based payments; electronic payments concentration delivered to Automated Clearing House networks; internet voice recognition (IVR); credit cards; in-store payments for customers at retail pay agents; direct debit services; and lockbox remittance processing for customers to make payments by mail. Once these payments are processed through integration with our customers’ financial systems, FirsTech provides its customers with reconciliation and settlement services to ensure payment confirmation. Additionally, FirsTech provides consulting and technology services through its Professional Services Division, assisting clients in identifying and implementing payment technologies to meet their evolving needs. FirsTech launched its innovative BaaS platform at the beginning of 2022, helping community banks and their commercial customers build modernized payment solutions, which include online payment technologies and automated file transfers. More information about FirsTech can be found at firstechpayments.com.
Through the Company’s Wealth Management division, the Company provides asset management, investment, and fiduciary services to individuals, businesses, and foundations. As of September 30, 2022, assets under care were $10.75 billion.
Busey Bank has been named among America’s Best Banks for 2022, a first-ever recognition by Forbes magazine. Ranked 52nd overall, Busey was the top-ranked bank headquartered in Illinois; only three other Illinois-based banks were included on the list. Additionally, for the first time in 2022, Busey was named a Leading Disability Employer by the National Organization on Disability—this highly selective award is presented only to top performing companies demonstrating positive outcomes in recruiting, hiring, retaining and advancing people with disabilities in their workforce. We are honored to be consistently recognized nationally and locally for our engaged culture of integrity and commitment to community development.
Busey knows the importance of a lasting promise. We are pleased to recognize the scholastic achievements and bright futures of local youth with Busey Bank Bridge Scholarships. Available in each market, these scholarships support the academic endeavors of low-to-moderate income students with a desire to continue their higher education.
Service Excellence in Everything We Do for Our Pillars.