AT BUSEY, IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT DOING BUSINESS.
But doing good...
Supporting the arts, advocating for our youth and helping those in need. We’re proud to give back to our communities. Doing the right thing for our customers. And building trusted relationships that span generations.
That’s been our promise since we opened our doors more than 150 years ago, and it remains our promise today.
To achieve our vision, we consistently fulfill promises made to Pillars—associates, customers, communities and shareholders. By investing in our associates and empowering them to exceed the needs of our customers, and working together to strengthen our communities, our shareholders are rewarded with a vibrant, thriving company.
We are responsible for preserving the Busey legacy—a legacy of associate excellence, customer service, community involvement and expanding shareholder value.
While we operate multiple business lines, we serve our customers as One Busey. Since we opened our doors over 150 years ago, our core values have remained, creating a strong foundation and shaping our culture.
- Knowledgeable—We give customers correct information rather than guesses. We find answers rather than say "I don't know." We understand Busey services and the technical aspects of our jobs.
- Trustworthy—We handle customer accounts with care and confidentiality. Integrity is our leading guide as we work with customers and their financial affairs. We demonstrate good judgment and common sense when making decisions.
- Friendly—We remember that every customer is our guest. We greet each customer immediately with a warm and sincere welcome. We use the customer's name, smile, shake hands and introduce ourselves as though the customer were a guest in our home.
- Responsive—We acknowledge our customer immediately. We put aside what we are working on and give that individual our full attention. We follow up to be sure customers' needs are met within 24 hours.
- Community-minded—We build strong communities through leadership and volunteerism. We work in the community to ensure stable foundations for our families and our organization.
- Customer-centric—We operate our company from a customer's point of view. We develop long-term, trusting relationships by continually listening to and solving key customer needs.
History & Heritage
At Busey, we’re a community organization, committed to helping customers’ and communities’ dreams come true. Since we first opened our doors in 1868, we have built on a tradition of close relationships and broad financial capabilities. Looking back, we’ve come a long way in 155 years, yet the core values—dedicated associates, strong customer partnerships and thriving communities—instilled years ago are still the cornerstones of Busey. Look back at the milestones that shaped who we are today….
Awards & Recognition
As of June 30, 2023, First Busey Corporation (Nasdaq: BUSE) was a $12.21 billion financial holding company headquartered in Champaign, Illinois.
Busey Bank, a wholly-owned bank subsidiary of First Busey Corporation, had total assets of $12.17 billion as of June 30, 2023, and is headquartered in Champaign, Illinois. Busey Bank currently has 46 banking centers serving Illinois, eight banking centers serving Missouri, three banking centers serving southwest Florida, and one banking center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Busey Bank’s wholly-owned subsidiary, FirsTech, specializes in the evolving financial technology needs of small and medium-sized businesses, highly regulated enterprise industries, and financial institutions. FirsTech provides comprehensive and innovative payment technology solutions including online, mobile, and voice-recognition bill payments; money and data movement; merchant services; direct debit services; lockbox remittance processing for payments made by mail; and walk-in payments at retail agents. Additionally, FirsTech simplifies client workflows through integrations enabling support with billing, reconciliation, bill reminders, and treasury services. More information about FirsTech can be found at firstechpayments.com.
Through the Company’s Wealth Management division, the Company provides asset management, investment, and fiduciary services to individuals, businesses, and foundations. As of June 30, 2023, assets under care were $11.48 billion.
Busey Bank is honored to be named among America’s Best Banks by Forbes magazine for the second consecutive year. Ranked 26th overall in 2023, compared to 52nd in last year's rankings, Busey was once again the top-ranked bank headquartered in Illinois. Additionally, for the first time in 2023, Busey was named among DiversityInc’s Top Regional Companies. The DiversityInc Top 50 survey is the external validator for large U.S. employers that model fairness in their talent strategy, workplace and supplier diversity practices, and philanthropic engagement. We are honored to be consistently recognized nationally and locally for our engaged culture of integrity and commitment to community development.
Busey knows the importance of a lasting promise. We are pleased to recognize the scholastic achievements and bright futures of local youth with Busey Bank Bridge Scholarships. Available in each market, these scholarships support the academic endeavors of low-to-moderate income students with a desire to continue their higher education.
Service Excellence in Everything We Do for Our Pillars.