AT BUSEY, IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT DOING BUSINESS.
But doing good...
Supporting the arts, advocating for our youth and helping those in need. We’re proud to give back to our communities. Doing the right thing for our customers. And building trusted relationships that span generations.
That’s been our promise since we opened our doors more than 150 years ago, and it remains our promise today.
To achieve our vision, we consistently fulfill promises made to Pillars—associates, customers, shareholders and communities. By investing in our associates and empowering them to exceed the needs of our customers, and working together to strengthen our communities, our shareholders are rewarded with a vibrant, thriving company.
We are responsible for preserving the Busey legacy—a legacy of associate excellence, customer service, community involvement and expanding shareholder value.
While we operate multiple business lines, we serve our customers as One Busey. Since we opened our doors over 150 years ago, our core values have remained, creating a strong foundation and shaping our culture.
- Knowledgeable—We give customers correct information rather than guesses. We find answers rather than say "I don't know." We understand Busey services and the technical aspects of our jobs.
- Trustworthy—We handle customer accounts with care and confidentiality. Integrity is our leading guide as we work with customers and their financial affairs. We demonstrate good judgment and common sense when making decisions.
- Friendly—We remember that every customer is our guest. We greet each customer immediately with a warm and sincere welcome. We use the customer's name, smile, shake hands and introduce ourselves as though the customer were a guest in our home.
- Responsive—We acknowledge our customer immediately. We put aside what we are working on and give that individual our full attention. We follow up to be sure customers' needs are met within 24 hours.
- Community-minded—We build strong communities through leadership and volunteerism. We work in the community to ensure stable foundations for our families and our organization.
- Customer-centric—We operate our company from a customer's point of view. We develop long-term, trusting relationships by continually listening to and solving key customer needs.
History & Heritage
Awards & Recognition
As of March 31, 2021, First Busey Corporation (Nasdaq: BUSE) was a $10.76 billion financial holding company headquartered in Champaign, Illinois.
Busey Bank, the wholly-owned bank subsidiary of First Busey Corporation, had total assets of $10.74 billion as of March 31, 2021, and is headquartered in Champaign, Illinois. Busey Bank currently has 53 banking centers serving Illinois, 10 banking centers serving Missouri, four banking centers serving southwest Florida, and one banking center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Through Busey Bank’s Wealth Management division, the Company provides asset management, investment, and fiduciary services to individuals, businesses, and foundations. As of March 31, 2021, assets under care were $10.69 billion.
Busey Bank owns a retail payment processing subsidiary, FirsTech, Inc., which processes approximately 28 million transactions for a total of $8.3 billion on an annual basis. FirsTech, Inc. operates across all of North America, providing payment solutions which include but are not limited to electronic payments, mobile payments, phone payments, remittance processing, in person payments, and merchant services. FirsTech, Inc. partners with 5,800+ agents across the U.S. More information about FirsTech, Inc. can be found at firstechpayments.com.
Busey has been named a Best Place to Work across the company footprint since 2016 by Best Companies Group. We are honored to be consistently recognized by national and local organizations for our engaged culture of integrity and commitment to community development.
Busey knows the importance of a lasting promise. We are pleased to recognize the scholastic achievements and bright futures of local youth with Busey’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Scholarships. Available in each market, these scholarships support the academic endeavors of low-to-moderate income students with a desire to continue their higher education.
Service Excellence in Everything We Do for Our Pillars.