There's no question that good credit is one of the most important building blocks of a sound financial future. But how do you build a positive credit history if you're young and just starting out? Or how can you start rebuilding your credit if you've had problems in the past? Busey's Credit Builder Program is designed with you in mind!
It's an affordable way to begin managing your credit wisely. It will help you build savings while also helping to improve your future ability to qualify for a home mortgage, auto financing or other loans.
Credit Builder Program
- Loans up to $1,000
- Loan terms to 12 months
- Fixed rate for entire term of loan
- Busey establishes a CD (Certificate of Deposit)
- Monthly payments reflected in credit history
- Assists establish or re-establish credit
- You will work with a Universal Banker or Service Manager to fill out the loan application, either as an individual or joint applicant, for a loan amount up to $1,000.
- The amount you applied for will be deposited in your name into a Certificate of Deposit (CD) at Busey.
- You will make monthly payments—just like any other loan—which will reflect on your credit history.
- Once your loan is paid in full, the CD may be redeemed by and dispersed to you.
Busey Bank’s Credit Builder Program has a fixed rate for the term of the loan - up to 12 months – which makes payments very manageable. In addition, you can receive a .25% rate discount with automatic payments deductions from a Busey deposit account.